S
Posted By
speedburn
Jul 10, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Don’t know wether or not I have a problem with my system or not,but sometimes when I save a finished picture as a tif and then go back to it in a folder it has either become a paint file and cannot be reopened with cs or sometimes it comes up with an icon neither paint nor cs and when you click on properties it just says "type file " or type 9 file.
Has anyone encountered this problem before

any help appreciated

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

S
Supavisa
Jul 11, 2004
I don’t have CS, but does the same thing happen if you save it in other formats? If it happens with the tif format only, perhaps CS does not "support" tif, although it may be able to save a document in the tif format.

Perhaps your computer is getting confused by the tif extension. Check to see how it appears in folder options
(windows explorer – tools – folder options – file types). If it has no program associated with it, that could be why it doesn’t open properly when you click on it.
"speedburn" wrote in message
Don’t know wether or not I have a problem with my system or not,but sometimes when I save a finished picture as a tif and then go back to it in a folder it has either become a paint file and cannot be reopened with cs or sometimes it comes up with an icon neither paint nor cs and when you click on properties it just says "type file " or type 9 file.

any help appreciated
A7
aka 717
Jul 11, 2004
"speedburn" wrote in message

any help appreciated

Try opening the files throug "open as"?
Do you save the files with compression?
Does windows "picture and fax viewer" open them? Try opening the file from the desktop and right clicking. That will give you an ‘open with’ box. Check the box that says ‘always use this program to open these types of
files’ (with photoshop selected). The icons should change to photoshop icons.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections