Posted By
m004202002
Oct 27, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am familiar with adobe photoshop 6.0 .I need to
implement this Rules(dv2005)(below) to the photos .
#################
(For digital camera)
It must have a resolution of 320 pixels wide
by 240 pixels high, and a color depth of either
24-bit color, 8-bit color, or 8-bit grayscale.
Only the 320×240 resolution will be accepted.
(For scanner )
If a photographic print is scanned, the print
must be exactly 2 inches by 2 inches (50mm x 50mm) square. It must be scanned at a resolution of 150 dots per
inch (dpi) and with a color depth of either 24-bit color, 8-bit color, or 8-bit grayscale.
###################
I have some photo in my hard drive . In photoshop I go to Image->… ->pixel dimensions and change wide 320 and Height 240 .But if I increase resolution I get bigger and When I decrease I get smaller picture . I cannot determine the correct resolution from those two rule . Can I implement those rules in existing photos ?
Please help me …How I can implement that rule in my photos ?

Take care

Email :(dot)com

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

J
jharris3
Oct 27, 2003
The problem is the rule that you have listed. (For digital camera)

320 x 240 is the absolute size of the image in pixels, not the resolution. "Resolution" which is measured in Dots Per Inch (dpi) isn’t given.

The pixel size of the digital camera picture is 320 x 240 = 76,800 pixels. The printed dimensions of the picture will vary with the resolution (dpi)

300dpi = (320 pixels/300dpi) by (240 pixels/300dpi) = 1.07" by .8" 150dpi = (320 pixels/150dpi) by (240 pixels/150dpi) = 2.13" by 1.6" 120dpi = (320 pixels/120dpi) by (240 pixels/120dpi) = 2.67" by 2"

Hope This Helps

M3

"why" wrote in message
I am familiar with adobe photoshop 6.0 .I need to
implement this Rules(dv2005)(below) to the photos .
#################
(For digital camera)
It must have a resolution of 320 pixels wide
by 240 pixels high, and a color depth of either
24-bit color, 8-bit color, or 8-bit grayscale.
Only the 320×240 resolution will be accepted.
(For scanner )
If a photographic print is scanned, the print
must be exactly 2 inches by 2 inches (50mm x 50mm) square. It must be scanned at a resolution of 150 dots per
inch (dpi) and with a color depth of either 24-bit color, 8-bit color, or 8-bit grayscale.
###################
I have some photo in my hard drive . In photoshop I go to Image->… ->pixel dimensions and change wide 320 and Height 240 .But if I increase resolution I get bigger and When I decrease I get smaller picture . I cannot determine the correct resolution from those two rule . Can I implement those rules in existing photos ?
Please help me …How I can implement that rule in my photos ?
Take care

Email :(dot)com
MJ
Matt Jarrett
Oct 30, 2003
It sounds like your need to change the dpi (pixels per inch) first, press OK to get out of that window and apply the changes, then go back in and change the print size of the image. I could be wrong but I thought I would add my ‘two cents’ 🙂

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections