ML
Posted By
Marilyn_Lee
Mar 3, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I wrote an email to the technical support address supplied with the book, "Photoshop Elements 2 Special Effects," but heard nothing back from them (not surprised about that). If you have tried out the lessons in this book, did the CD that came with your book have all the files needed to accomplish the lessons? If not, is there some place where the missing files can be downloaded? At this point, my book is teetering on the edge of the trash can. One more lesson without all the files, and it’s history! 🙂

Following is my email to the company. Any feedback from any of you out there would be most welcome! MLee

EMAIL MESSAGE I WROTE: I purchased a copy of Photoshop Elements 2 Special Effects (2003 edition) with CD-ROM. I can’t locate several files on the CD that are referenced in your book.

The only readme.txt file on the CD is the one in the CD’s root directory. It says to look for other readme files in individual folders for setup instructions, but a search for readme files indicates there are no further readme files on the CD.

On Page 22, the instructions say to locate the Chapter2-PoolTable.jpg in the "Project Images folder on the CD-ROM." Except there is no "Project Images" folder on the CD, and a search for *table.jpg on the CD turns up no files. Appendix A of your book does not mention a Project Images folder.

One of many pages in the book that refers to Layer Styles is Page 78, which states: "follow the instructions for loading new style sets into Elements found in Appendix B." But the only instructions for loading layer styles on Page 259 of Appendix B consist of having you navigate to the Styles folder and create a new folder named AFX-Styles. There are no further instructions on what to do to load the styles after that.

Page 256 refers to executable files, but I searched the CD under *.exe, and the search turned up nothing.

And finally, I wished to try out the instructions for Water Drops on Page 57, but it requires access to "AFXBevels-l.asl layer styles set." A search for *Bevels*.* on the CD brings up nothing, nor does your book itself mention such a file on Page 257 under the topic of Layer Styles.

Can you please tell me where I can locate the files referred in your book? Thanks.

MLee

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

CS
Chuck_Snyder
Mar 3, 2004
Marilyn, the CD did not contain all the requisite files. I exchanged a number of e-mails with the author after the book first came out, and he sent me some of the missing ones. If you’d like to get the ones you need, please e-mail me at chuck-snyder@ houston . rr. com. (Remove the spaces I put in there to discourage ‘harvesting’…

Chuck
ML
Marilyn_Lee
Mar 4, 2004
Thanks much, Chuck! I will send you an email right away. The book itself is well written; I wonder why the accompanying CD doesn’t match it. Oh, well 🙂

Marilyn

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections