Templates, actions and others for special effects.

JC
Posted By
Joseph Chamberlain
Oct 2, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Dear all:

I am in the middle of a project and need to create images of color slides, polaroid pictures and film strips to place on a web site. I have looked at Adobe’s exchange but haven’t really found anything I liked.

So far all I have been able to find is a template for a film strip which looks reasonably good although I would be interested in finding a better one.

I would prefer to work with templates and simply fill these templates with my own images but I am willing to look at actions and others. The one thing I would like to have is a realistic image so these must contain the printed text one usually finds on a strip of film or the printed information usually found on a slide frame (the slide mount as some call it).

Do any of you know of good templates I can use for this task ?

Any help will be appreciated.

Thank you in advance,

Joseph Chamberlain

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

BG
barry_gray
Oct 2, 2006
Scan a film strip and slide for a realistic template
JC
Joseph Chamberlain
Oct 9, 2006
Thanks, Barry.

I like your suggestion. It never ocurred me to try this but now that you mention it may produce some very nice results. I will certainly give it a try.

Best regards,

Joseph
JC
Joseph Chamberlain
Oct 9, 2006
Welles:

Thank you for your suggestion.

I actually tried Auto FX prior to placing my post but was very unhappy with it.

First the interface is very strange and unlike anything I have ever used on the Mac. The fact that the application’s window fills the entire 30" Apple display I have is just one of the many bad design decisions this company made when desiging the GUI for the application.

The controls and commands are also position in a very awkward position that makes it difficult and unintuitiveto use.

Last but not least I couldn’t find a tutorial or a decent help file that illustrated in detail how the application was supposed to be used. The only tutorial movies they have on their web site are sold and I didn’t feel like spending even more money on the company and its software.

In all I found it to be one of the worst applications I have used on the Mac to date.

Thank you anyway for your help and for taking the time to reply to my post.

Best regards,

Joseph Chamberlain
JC
Joseph Chamberlain
Oct 16, 2006
Hello, Seiben:

This is exactly what I was looking for. The One Software application in particular seems to be just what I needed and the interface looks simple enough as well as consistent with everything else used on the Mac.

I am definitely getting the One Software Pro Frames application to see how it does.

The others are also interesting and will take a look at them as well in case this one doesn’t do everything I need it to do.

Thank you very much for your help and for this great suggestions.

Best regards,

Joseph Chamberlain
S
seiben
Oct 22, 2006
You’re quite welcome, Joseph. Happy I could help.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections