PhotoShop Actions and Styles, Templates etc…

X
Posted By
Xeon
Dec 14, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi! There’s mega-sites for font downloads(1001Fonts etc.) and mega-clipart sites etc.

1) But other than the Adobe Studio Exchange, are there any mega-sites for PhotoShop actions, styles and templates etc.?

2) Also, are there any powerful 3rd tools that can give awesome visual effects to existing powers in Photoshop?(I think one example is Kai’s PowerTools for PhotoShop)

Thnaks folks! 🙂
Xeon.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

DM
dave_milbut
Dec 14, 2003
don’t know about #1, but if you’re looking for plugins, mosey on over to: <http://www.alienskin.com>

30 day full function demos of most of their stuff!
SW
Shank_Williams
Dec 14, 2003
There are numerous sites that have some of what you are looking for, but most have, say, a few brushes, or some styles; don’t know of any mega sites. About.com’s Sue Chastain has a variety of free downloads…
http://tinyurl.com/z5np
Just be sure your popup blocker is working.
The Photoshop Wow books have some great styles included on CD.
X
Xeon
Dec 14, 2003
Thank you so much, Dave and Shank! :):)
Maybe we should start a thread whereby we can pool all the web sites(resources) here so that everyone can read everyone’s resources. Or is there already a thread like that? 😀
JF
Jodi_Frye
Dec 14, 2003
way off topic…what is the keyboard short for that little purple grin face on the end of Xeon’s post just above me ?

Here’s another link for photoshop stuff…free

<http://www.freephotoshop.com/index.htm>
DM
dave_milbut
Dec 15, 2003
%D <– that one? it’s Percent sign, capital D
DM
dave_milbut
Dec 15, 2003
oops, nope that’s not it! %D
X
Xeon
Dec 15, 2003
From Jodi:(Jodie Foster?! :o)
way off topic…what is the keyboard short for that little purple grin face on the end of Xeon’s post just above me ?
Purple face? I never saw any purple face!
The only emoticons I know are : :p 🙂 😉 😮
Thanks for the link, Jodie! 🙂

I’ve a few miscellaneous questions regarding PhotoShop :

1) Must we change our monitor’s resolution to 1024 * 768 pixels in order to be able to run PhotoShop CS?(according to the system requirements)

2) Visit <http://www.photoshopstuff.com/products.asp>

Do u think it’s worth it to purchase these sets of Styles? I saw their samples and they’re too cool! :o:o

I don’t wanna waste my $$$ for nothing, so I need your opinions here! 🙂

Thanks folks! 😉
Xeon.
JF
Jodi_Frye
Dec 15, 2003
Dave, thanks !

Xeon, yes, the face IS purple… 😛

I don’t have CS, I guess system requirements are there for a reason. It’s the only res I run on my monitor regardless.

I never spend money on styles that I am capable of creating myself. This is entirely up to you. You like, you buy.

Thanks
JF
Jodi_Frye
Dec 15, 2003
Dave, I was sharing MY ugly face…don’t think anything dif.
X
Xeon
Dec 16, 2003
Wow Jodie! What is the shortcut for creating that large green face? 😮 😮 😀
DM
dave_milbut
Dec 16, 2003
nice one jodi! :^)

xeon

1) Must we change our monitor’s resolution to 1024 * 768 pixels in order to be able to run PhotoShop CS?(according to the system requirements)

yes. otherwise controls and parts of certain forms will be clipped when using photoshop. (shadow highlight in extended mode, camera raw too i hear, probably others).

should you order the styles? i dunno, do you want them? doesn’t look like anything you can’t do yourself and save to the styles palette though.
DM
dave_milbut
Dec 16, 2003
btw that purple icon is at:

img src="/Images/e/grin.gif"

still don’t know the shortcut though
JF
Jodi_Frye
Dec 16, 2003
Thanks Dave
P
Phosphor
Dec 16, 2003
Photoshop.

No capital "S".
X
Xeon
Dec 17, 2003
From Phosphor:
Photoshop. No capital "S".

I can’t believe this! U must be a really religious Photoshop follower who must see that everything that is Photoshop-related must be in order, eh? Like a Photoshop lawyer? 😀 🙂 😉

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections