photoshop 6 actions in batch no longer work. help!!

S
Posted By
summerwind
Jun 11, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
i’m running PS 6 on a win XP OS. use to be able to create an action that would downsize and apply a little USM and then close, and then run batch command on a bunch of pictures. i can still create an action that works, but when i try to use the batch command on a bunch of pictures, all that happens is a bunch of flashing of the loaded pictures and ends up doing nothing to the files.

what am i doing wrong?

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Y
YrbkMgr
Jun 11, 2005
It’s most likely that you did not add a save as… step to your action.

Personally, I have my most common Save As… formats as actions and whenever I need to include a save, I record the nesting of the two actions into one.
S
summerwind
Jun 11, 2005
thx, so i need to add the "save as" before i give the "close" command before i stop the recording?
S
summerwind
Jun 11, 2005
no it still doesn’t work.
this is what i do, open an image file, then clear all actions and then select, new action set whereby i get the start recording now message, then i go about doing what i want to do with the image, then before i stop recording i use the "save as" command, then the "close" command, then i press the stop recording button. done. then i can open up an image and hit the play button and the image is rewrittten as i want and it even closes like i want.
but for some reason when i open say 6 images and then hit the batch command, it looks like the action is going through all it’s steps, but all 6 images remain on the screen and no mods have been done at all………..
Y
YrbkMgr
Jun 11, 2005
You don’t need a close command – use File|Automate|Batch for multiple instead.

First, find the save as step in the action palette, and toggle the dialog to OFF (the little square next to that step).

You are then ready to batch.

File|Automate|Batch:

Action to run: Whatever your action name is
Source: Folder
Choose: pick the source

Destination: Folder
Choose: pick the destination
Override Save As Information: CHECKED

Optionally choose a naming convention and hit go. Each image will open, one by one from the source folder, the action will perform the prescribed steps, with a Save As step as the final event, then the image will close; rinse and repeat.

Peace,
Tony

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections