GM
Posted By
Gary_McMillan
Jan 19, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
When this occured I do not know. I have not used help in several weeks. I do nightly backups and restored as far back as I could go. (Dec 31, 2006). No difference.

Photoshop and Bridge work fine other than help.

I should say that Photoshop Help has worked in the past.

I have searched high and low for a answer.

I did find one post that suggested deleting all folders except the "packages" folder in the AdobeHelpData folder. I performed this to no avail.

The symptoms when selecting "Photoshop Help" from the Help menu are an error dialog box stating "The operation could not be completed". After closing this I get a second dialog box with the typical Windows jibberish about it could not write to an address.

While I suspect this has little bearing on the issue, this is a Intel Duo Core 2, 4GB RAM, about 1TB of disk space, nVidia GeForce 7950 GT video card. All drives are SATA’s in RAID arrays.

While this is a fairly new system, all of this has worked as a combination for several months. I have no other issues with this computer other than the Photoshop Help issue

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

GM
Gary_McMillan
Jan 21, 2007
As noted above in my original post I had already performed that to no avail.
L
LenHewitt
Jan 22, 2007
I had already performed that<<

Downloaded the latest versions of the help centre AND the Photoshop Help package?

Ensured that the Photoshop_9.0_en-us.zip file is present in the \Packages folder?

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections