DH
Posted By
Daniel_Handal
Feb 22, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
does someone know any trick on how to create text so that it looks like when you write on cakes with icing?

please email me at

thanks!!!

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

R
Ram
Feb 22, 2004
Daniel,

Hope you come back to the Adobe Photoshop forum to check for any answers. Emails defeat the purpose of the forum, which is for everyone to benefit from the replies, not just the poster. These are user-to-user forums.

What’s more, it would be a good idea for you to post a follow up reply to your own post stating your intention to come back and check the forums for replies, because requests for email replies are usually ignored by those experienced users more likely to know the answer to your question.
DH
Daniel_Handal
Feb 22, 2004
thanks. I’ll check periodically. I am not so familiar with how forums work.
WZ
Wade_Zimmerman
Feb 22, 2004
Daniel check out Layers>Layer Styles and fool around with emboss, shadows and inner and outer glows etc. layer styles are effects they are live meaning the original is never changed in the background so even after saving they can be altered or deleted.
And you can then create new ones from the same original for updating in the future.
L
LRK
Feb 22, 2004
Daniel:

Wade is right. To add to that… You might try using a hard brush with wet edges with a Bevel & Eboss Layer Style set to Inner Bevel.

If it were me I’d create a new blank layer first, choose my forground and background colors, create the Layer Style with Bevel & Emboss, then write on the blank layer using a Wacom Tablet.

After you get the text right you might duplicate the text layer for added effect. If it’s too much you can screen it back or even play with the layer modes for duplicated layer… such as Pin Light or Soft Light…

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections