FG
Posted By
Frederick_Garver
Nov 9, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Windows XP Pro with all the latest updates: I upgraded from Photoshop 4 to CS2 which meant that I needed "Tech Support" to install it. That was another story in and of itself. I updated to 9.0.1 with no problems. I open CS2, go to Help, Updates, download and install 9.0.2 with no apparent problems. I reboot, open CS2, and I still have Version 9.0.1 showing. I go to the Adobe download site and download 9.0.2. When I go to install it, I get a window that saye "A Qualifying Version of CS2 was not detected. This install will be cancelled. Has anyone out there had this problem and solved it. When I called Tech Support, the guy I talked to couldn’t figure it out , so he told me "MAYBE" if I removed CS2 and re-installed it might work. No thanks!

Ideas anyone.

Thank you,

Fred

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

H
Ho
Nov 9, 2006
Is CS2 installed with the default folder name (Adobe Photoshop CS2)?
FG
Frederick_Garver
Nov 9, 2006
Yes it is.

Fred
JB
John_Bean_UK
Nov 9, 2006
And is it in the default place (C:\Program Files\Adobe\…)?

John Bean
FG
Frederick_Garver
Nov 9, 2006
Yes it is.

Fred
C
chrisjbirchall
Nov 9, 2006
After getting the Update Dialogue, be sure to close both PS and Bridge before clicking "Update"
H
Ho
Nov 9, 2006
And disable any AV software…
FG
Frederick_Garver
Nov 9, 2006
I’ve tried all of the suggestions and nothing seems to work. I guess I’ll just have to learn to live with what I have. A BIG THanks to all that who tried to help. 🙂

Fred

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections