JS
Posted By
Justina_Sinoway
Jul 26, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I recently updated my PSCS2 to v9.0.1. Now when I try start PS it shows the splash screen for 2 seconds and then quits.

I am running it on a MacBook Pro, 1.83 mhz, 1gb RAM, 80GB HD.

PS was working perfectly until the update was made. I ran the Disk Verify and Repair… did not help. I deleted the preferences file.. no luck.

Thanks

Justina

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

B
Buko
Jul 26, 2006
does it work in a new user?
JS
Justina_Sinoway
Jul 26, 2006
Buko…

Nope, it does not work with a new user or different account.

Any other suggestions? 🙁

By the way… I thought that maybe I would try to launch the CS2 items.. all them booted fine.
D
dhowe
Jul 27, 2006
Justina, what does the splash show when it quits? (There is some text that gets displayed showing what is being initialized/loaded during the launch.) Here are a couple of other things to try:
* Remove any 3rd-party plug-ins and re-launch
* Remove the Plug-Ins > Extensions folder and re-launch

If you could, posting a Help > System Info report might be useful as well for us to take a look at.
JS
Justina_Sinoway
Jul 27, 2006
All.. thanks for your tips.

dhowe- the splash screen read ‘initializing…" and quit at that point which was pretty much at the beginning of startup.

Anyway… when all else fails – reinstall, right! I reinstalled CS2 and all seems to be working fine now. Don’t know what happened but Im kind of leary about updating my Photoshop to 9.0.1 now since thats when the problem began.

Dilemmas dilemmas

Justina

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections