After installation of cs4 extended upgrade update installations get "adobe setup has stopped wo

PL
Posted By
Peggy_L
Dec 14, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’ve used CS3 and CS4 expanded (upgrade) on my older computer with Windows XP and though slow, mainly after cs4 was installed, they worked well. I’ve recieved a new computer for christmas and am moving my CS3 and CS4 expanded (upgrad) to the new computer and am having some problems.

My new computer setup is this…..

Windows Vista , Premium Home edition (65bit) with SP1

Intel Core i7-920 Quad Core Processor

RAM -3GB DDR3

Amount of free disk space. 653 GB

Make/Model of Video Card. – ATI Radeon HD 4850

CS3 installs fine though on execution photoshop says that it prefers a dua core processor I click the continue button and it seems to run fine.

After installing CS3 I restart and upload CS4, which takes a long time!, then run bridge to install updates and thats where my first problem occurs.
When the updates are installing I get this message…."Adobe setup has stopped working" and windows looks for a solution which of course isn’t there, ha!

So I’ve tried to use CS4 without the updates, run bridge, select a photo to open in photoshop and after photo opens in photoshop an error message comes up saying this "the specified modul could not be found C:\programfiles\commonfiles\adobe\Adobe Version Cue C44\client\4.0.1\Version Cue.DLL" and when I x out the error box photoshop closes, unable to use it any further (not bridge though)

I suspect this error message comes up because I can’t do the updates? Either way I sure could use some help here!

Oh, and I’ve deactivated and reinstalled and the same happended after reinstallation.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give!

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

PL
Peggy_L
Dec 15, 2008
-bump
DE
David_E_Crawford
Dec 15, 2008
Do you close out of cs4 and bridge before you apply the updates?
PL
Peggy_L
Dec 15, 2008
Yes, I do, as soon as the update begin to download.
PL
Peggy_L
Dec 18, 2008
Update on issue…

I spoke with tech support and was directed to uninstall, run clean script, and reinstall…..everything is working smoothly though I haven’t run any updates yet, I am little hesitant to since cs4 is running so well right now!!

Anyhow, hope this might help someone else in the future.
JJ
John Joslin
Dec 18, 2008
People like me, who distrust Adobe’s updater, get the updates from the Adobe download site. That way you have control and you only get what you need. For example, if you are not working with colleagues on a network you don’t need Version Cue.

Don’t worry about the message regarding the processor. Adobe’s installers are just as bad as their automatic updates and your processor is simply too new and they are not up-to-date. You may get similar false alarms with Bridge.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections