QH
Posted By
Quentin_Holmes
Oct 24, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I could not find an answer to my question by searching so i will post one…

I am working on a web site. It has a map and a calendar. So when you hover over a calendar location it highlites the day and the map location. and when you hover over the map it does the opposite.

I have all of the rollovers done for the individual spots and the guy who was working on it before said all you have to do is link the slices to each other so they remotly trigger. It does create an image for the remote rollover state but it is not the rollover version but the normal state version instead.

what am i doing wrong?

all of the slices have OVER rollover states and they are linked to trigger remotely. When i preview them, the appropriate slices change but do not use the rollover state just normal…..

Q

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

QH
Quentin_Holmes
Oct 25, 2006
So i have kept digging and the only info i could find was that you have to set the remote states manually.. I was told that if you have a slice with a rollover all ready set up and remote linked it then it would inherit that existing rollover state. But from what i have read you have to basically redo all of the rollover states for the remote slices.

Can anyone tell me if this is true?

Q
DM
Don_McCahill
Oct 25, 2006
Rollovers work based on the "name" attribute of the image that is to change. Preloads are another entire area you probably should look at.

If you don’t understand the JS code, then you are probably going to have a lot of trouble with this. And this will only relocate the rollover … not give you a second rollover (the map AND the calendar) which is usually wanted.

I suggest, as an alternative you download the trial for Fireworks. It can generate remote and double rollovers automatically, and all you need do is cut and paste the code.
QH
Quentin_Holmes
Oct 25, 2006
Yes i have read through the html that is created from IR and i understand how it works. And the code is fine.

I can edit the images created to make the system work as i wanted by copying the Over state images to the Remote Over state images and sticking to the naming convention. But it should do that right from IR.

I expect that IR is not as smart as i thought it was. I will need to set the remote rollover states manually in IR or edit the images or edit the HTML to suit.

Just thought it was smarter then that.

Now i have to figure out how to remove a remote link as i seem to have grabbed the slice above one of my intended locations by mistake.

Any quick hints on that as i have not seen that info in my travels either that i can remember.

Q
QH
Quentin_Holmes
Oct 25, 2006
Decided to just add the extra rollover states. Only took an hour so not bad anyway. Just thought it would work the other way automatically. Guess not.

Q
DM
Don_McCahill
Oct 25, 2006
Not without Fireworks.

Of interest, Adobe has started looking for Beta testers for the new verision of Fireworks, which means that it will apparently be maintained in the stable of products.

That does not give me much enthusiasm that ImageReady will also be maintained, as the two programs are pretty much identical in target market.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections