BH
Posted By
Brad_Haynes
Nov 9, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
On my computer at home, when I want to move something, I select the layer, then I can just move it with my mouse.

At work, I select the layer, but if I try to move it with the mouse, the selection changes to include the entire folder the contains that layer. In order to move just the selected layer, I have to hold apple while I move it. But this is just two confusing going back and forth from home to work. Also, there are bounding boxes around everything I select as well. It goes away when i turn off extras, but it keeps coming back. How did I turn these two annoying options on, and how do I turn them off. Can’t seem to find it in preferences or anywhere for that matter.

Thanks in advance,
Brad

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

B
Bernie
Nov 9, 2006
Check the options bar for the move tool.

Check or uncheck the "auto select layer option, as desired

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections