DB
Posted By
Dane Barney
Sep 13, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Isn’t there any way to have a paragraph bounding box be some other shapes than just a rectangle that you can resize and rotate? I’m trying to make up some nice CD labels, and it would be ideal to be able to type inside a bounding box with an arc for one edge or something. Is there any way at all to do this? Keep in mind that I don’t want to WARP the text to conform to the shape of a CD label, I just want to make the paragraph bounding box conform to that shape.
Thanks for your help!

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Y
YrbkMgr
Sep 13, 2003
It sounds like the feature you are asking for is Fit Text To Path. Unfortunately, this is not yet a feature in Photoshop. Many of us waiting with baited breath for the imminent release of Photoshop v 8 are hoping that this feature is incorporated, but up to version 7, you can’t do it.

Alternatives for most folks are a vector app like Adobe Illustrator; I personally use Jasc Paint Shop Pro for the sole purpose of creating text on a path.

Peace,
Tony
RK
Rob Keijzer
Sep 13, 2003
Tony, IMHO he means not to shape the text, but to simply bound the text to the shape of a circular (CD) label.

I once did this by determining the margins for each line of text seperately, thus making the outline of the paragraph look like the label.
Not in the least how it should be done, I know, but sometimes it just can’t wait and you have to do it in the middle of the night with just a canister with hot coffe next to you.

BTW, peace too
Rob
RK
Rob Keijzer
Sep 13, 2003
Oops! I meant to write coffee, not coffe.
For all I know, "coffe" may mean something dreadful, so better correct this Bye.
Rob

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections