T
Posted By
Thunderdome
Oct 25, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m sorry if this has been covered – I couldn’t find any other info.

When I run the 9.0.2 update and I am asked to select the Photoshop application to update, "Photoshop CS2" app is grayed out and can’t be selected.

I know I saw a solution to this somewhere, but can’t find it.

Thanks In Advance,

Scott

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

R
Ram
Oct 25, 2006
There are two possible causes for this:

1.– You are already running 9.0.2. Check your splash screen ("About Photoshop"); or

2.– You have moved the Photoshop icon out of its folder, or the Photoshop folder out of the root Applications folder, or buried that folder inside another subfolder.

There might be another issue if your machine is a MacIntel.
T
Thunderdome
Oct 25, 2006

1. Splash screen reads 9.0.1

2. Application is in default location with default names – nothing has been moved or changed

3. YES – I AM RUNNING ON AN INTEL MAC
JE
James_E_Bryan
Nov 8, 2006
Is this a problem unique to the two users requesting help or just of no interest?
B
Buko
Nov 8, 2006
James it sounds like its a problem with the Mactels. As this is a user to user forum and not many of us have Mactels, so we are unable to give advice on the problem.
JE
James_E_Bryan
Nov 8, 2006
Thankyou Buko, with the MacPro I was thinking that was the issue. What confounds me is the exact same problem with a G5. I will keep looking.
B
Buko
Nov 8, 2006
I have a G5 and did not see this problem. If I were you I would try to do the update in a new user.
CC
Chris_Cox
Nov 8, 2006
I haven’t seen any problems on a G5 or a MacIntel system.

The only time I’ve heard of problems updating was when the install was corrupted or mangled (half the files moved).
JE
James_E_Bryan
Nov 9, 2006
The install completed properly on both systems. No files were moved from their default locations and the other applications of CS2 updated with no issues whatsoever. Photoshop functions as advertised with the exception of the update and a few issues that we are trying to update to fix.
OO
Omke_Oudeman
Nov 9, 2006
Thunderdome

There is an other possible cause beside the 3 Ramón already gave

Did you get the proper down load from the update page, there are several and if you don’t get the same language version the app icon is grayed out.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections