NS
Posted By
norman_sanders
Dec 18, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
The subject line says it all. A saved Selection or alpha channel created from one of the regular channels appears, for example, as a light element in a dark surround. When the Alpha channel is converted to a Selection and applied as a Layer mask the areas are inverted and appear in the mask symbol as a dark element in a light surround. The mask must be inverted again to function properly. This did not happen in CS3.

Note: I went to the Menu: Select>Load Selection and loaded the Alpha channel. It, too, provided an inverse selection. Then I tried it again, this time checking the "Inverse" box in Select>Load Selection and that re-inversed the selection making it correct.

The problem seems to reside in the CS4 loading a channel as a selection. It is automatically making an inverse selection of the Alpha channel whether I use the symbol in Channels, or access it via the Menu.

Running Mac G5. The only other open program is Bridge. Same effect using mouse and Wacom tablet. I would appreciate your help.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections