M
Posted By
maneater
Sep 3, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Can someone please tell me how to disable the automatic Adobe Updater for PSCS2. I would prefer to check manualy when I am ready.

Thanks

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

DP
Daryl_Pritchard
Sep 3, 2007
Look in the Help menu for something about Updates, and in the resulting dialog you should be able to disable automatically checking for them, if I remember correctly. Otherwise it may be a setting in the preferences.

Daryl
M
maneater
Sep 3, 2007
There is nothing under preferences to change the updater.

I also have PSE4 installed and unfortunately when I am in CS2 and select help the help centre box comes up but only gives me help for PSE4 I am unable to access any CS2 help.
DP
Daryl_Pritchard
Sep 3, 2007
It sounds like you selected Photoshop Help from the Help menu, rather than the Updates option located further down in the menu. I didn’t have CS2 open earlier but do now, and that is exactly where you need to go. Once you launch the Adobe Updates dialog, you’ll find a Preferences button which will take you to the window where you can disable automatic updates.

Daryl
L
LenHewitt
Sep 3, 2007
As to your CS2 Help problem, see the Forum FAQs FAQ#3
M
maneater
Sep 3, 2007
Thanks found the preferences as to the help problem, I followed the intructions now the help doesnt work for CS2 NOR pse4
M
Micol
Sep 6, 2007
I have installed Adobe Help Centre and apparentlyin order to activate it I need to set Adobe Help Center preferences. However, it says something about finding the Preferences button in the top-right corner.But it is simply not there! Have I gone blind or there is a legitimate reason why it should not be there?

Is there any way around this?

Thank you
Micol
L
LenHewitt
Sep 7, 2007
The Help Centre preferences are accessed from the 6th (next to the last)icon along – but you don’t need to set anything to use the Help Centre.

The preferences allow you to select a language, a region for Expert Support Options (paid!), reminders for renewals of Expert Support Contracts etc. You can also check for updates from the preferences palette.
V
vickymesh
Sep 7, 2007
I ran into the same problem on just a single machine and I think I have a solution. At first I tried removing the updater application, but kept getting that error message upon starting any of the programs within Creative Suite CS2 then I also took help from guys of web design company <http://www.webdesigningcompany.net> still nothing works. Then I put the updater application back in it’s folder, deleted the other files in that folder (Data, Install, and AdobeUpdaterPrefs.dat) and tried starting it up. It actually came up with a window that I had never seen before. I had all of the usuall options for determining when, if, and how to check for updates. Therew was a checkbox to enable/disable the automatic updates! Huraay! Now I can continue being the happy control freak that I am ;o)

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections