SS
Posted By
susan_scott
Sep 28, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Anyone know if you can set preferences for the color of masks so you don’t have to change them manually very time you make a new mask? The bright red default ruins my eyes for color correcting. I’d like to have a muted color automatically.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Sep 28, 2006
Try double-clicking the QuickMask tool in the Toolbox (when you have no open files) and changing the masking color in the resulting dialog.

Then Quit out of Photoshop. When you re-launch Photoshop, the QM mask color should still be as you set it.
SS
susan_scott
Sep 28, 2006
Thanks. That works perfectly for the QM. But my adjustment layer masks still use the bright default red –though they did remember the opacity I set.
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Sep 28, 2006
In the Fly-out menu of your Channels palette you will find "Layer Mask Options".

Change the Color and opacity there.
B
Bernie
Sep 28, 2006
(Workaround) You could record an action to change the layer mask options and assign an F-key to it.
SS
susan_scott
Sep 28, 2006
Once again another thing right under my nose. Ann Shelbourne, thanks again for your lightening speed answer. Photoshop "Help" never helps but, thankfully, the Adobe Forum does.
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Sep 28, 2006
Susan:

Check #3 again because I added to it!
🙂
EH
Ed_Hannigan
Sep 28, 2006
I find Photoshop Help to be very helpful.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections