Posted By
joshfoto
Sep 27, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Adobe:

As a professional photographer I enter my copyright information in the metadata of an image (File > File Info) but anyone with a copy of Photoshop can ammend or delete it. Why? I would like to permanently lock this information into an image so that it cannot be altered but there doesn’t seem to be a way.

I’ve also noticed that certain information cannot be altered, such camera make, model, date, time, fstop etc. so why can’t information that is important to me as the creator of an image be permanently maintained?

Josh Sheldon

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

R
Ram
Sep 27, 2006
Josh,

That’s a very legitimate question.

If you want to make sure Adobe gets your question, contact Adobe directly. There is a Contact button at the top of this page.

In these user to user forums, we are all users just like you, trying to help each other out.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections