LR
Posted By
Lawrence_Rutherford
Sep 23, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I recently installed the CS2 upgrade. After a week or so, when I click to open it, for some reason Quicken installer opens too (I threw away Quicken). Not only that, but under file>automate, all the selections are duplicated and do not work properly (I needed photomerge for a class assignment). My question is
this….should I go to Applications and throw away my Photoshop CS folder, or throw away PS CS2 and re-install?

(update) Now I have also run disk utilities>permissions and >repair disk from the restore disk (x2), and tried holding shift @ startup to disable startup items. The problem still occurs.

Thanks for your help
Larry

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

WG
Welles_Goodrich
Sep 23, 2006
I would bet that your LaunchServices Database is corrupt. It happens. When it does file associations, icons, and applications and their relationships are askew yielding results very like those you encounter.

I’d suggest downloading an excellent freeware utility called OnyX.

<http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/20070>

Run it and look at the Maintenance button. Under Reset:, select LaunchServices database and hit the execute button.

Restart. I’ll bet your problem is resolved and you can’t do any harm by doing the procedure anyway.
LR
Lawrence_Rutherford
Sep 23, 2006
Thank you, Welles, for the suggestion. Unfortunately the problem still occurs. On the bright side though, after all this cleaning and repairing, my Powerbook has a new minty-fresh smell.
WG
Welles_Goodrich
Sep 24, 2006
Rats! Did you try just trashing your Photoshop preferences?
LR
Lawrence_Rutherford
Sep 24, 2006
Do I do that through the system folder?

Larry
LR
Lawrence_Rutherford
Sep 24, 2006
Thanks a lot Welles and Ramon. I finally got Quicken to accept that it was deleted about 3:00 this afternoon. It no longer appears on PS startup. Now that I reset the Prefs I no longer have duplicate selections in File>Automate.

My sincere gratitude,
Larry
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Sep 24, 2006
Quicken was a bit slow on the uptake to understand that it had been deleted?

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections