M
Posted By
MisterOwl
Jun 16, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
First off though, is there an adobe.bridge group? I couldn’t find one.

Anyway, every time I launch Bridge (CS3), it rebuilds the thumbnail cache. EVERY time. And, with an immense resources folder, it take a few minutes and it’s extremely annoying. Isn’t the purpose of a cache to preclude taking all that time to load thumbnails every time the program loads?

I’ve looked through the preferences and can’t find a way to keep Bridge from doing this every time I load it, is there a way?

J

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

A
a
Jun 17, 2008
You might try setting your Bridge cache preference setting to Use Distributed Cache Files instead of centralized. This way there will be cache files in every folder where there are images instead of one huge central file that may have to be rebuilt if one image changed.

"MisterOwl" wrote in message
First off though, is there an adobe.bridge group? I couldn’t find one.
Anyway, every time I launch Bridge (CS3), it rebuilds the thumbnail cache. EVERY time. And, with an immense resources folder, it take a few minutes and it’s extremely annoying. Isn’t the purpose of a cache to preclude taking all that time to load thumbnails every time the program loads?

I’ve looked through the preferences and can’t find a way to keep Bridge from doing this every time I load it, is there a way?
J
M
MisterOwl
Jun 17, 2008
On Jun 17, 7:21 am, "CraigM" wrote:
[snip]

That seems to help quite a bit, thanks Craig!

J

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections