SL
Posted By
stephanie_lee
Feb 17, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
cant seem to open my adobe photoshop! i get an error message, and it says "handle is invalid", i have tried to reinstall it three times, and it still doesnt work.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

RC
Richard_Coencas
Feb 17, 2004
Stephanie,
Try deleting prefs before launching.
SL
stephanie_lee
Feb 21, 2004
wait…what prefs? sorry, really useless when it comes to computers
BH
Beth_Haney
Feb 21, 2004
Elements has a Preference folder that will occasionally become corrupted. (Don’t ask why, because we don’t know!) Deleting that folder will reset everything and often clears up problems like you’re describing. It’s a good thing to keep in mind if you should have other problems.

With Elements closed, click on the Elements start up icon and then make a QUICK grab for the (Windows) Control, Alt, and Shift keys (Mac) Command, Option, and Shift. Hold all three down until you get a screen asking if you want to delete Settings. Say Yes, and a new folder will be built as Elements continues to launch.

By the way, when you post with a problem, it’s often very helpful to say what platform and operating system you’re using. Sometimes it doesn’t make a difference, and sometimes it does. Good luck! 🙂
SL
stephanie_lee
Feb 21, 2004
thanks. by the way, i’m using windows XP. that didn’t work… the pop up was the properties for Photoshop, and nothing says whether or not i wanted to delete settings.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections