"Invalid Text Layer" error message upon opening Photoshop 7 docs.???

JD
Posted By
James_Darling
May 18, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Recently, Photoshop 7 was installed on my Mac where I work.

Almost immediately, I began getting an error message upon opening my Photoshop files. It tells me – before I can open the file – that an error was encountered….. that "layer (blankety-blank) is not a valid text layer. The existing pixel data will be used instead."

So… unless I never ever want to open the file again, I must click "OK", and my text layer is rendered uneditible, as the text was basically rasterized.

This happens nearly on a daily basis. It’s rather indiscriminate with the files it "chooses" to encounter this "error" with.

I thought that it may have had something to do with my opening Photoshop 6 files into the new version, and some corruption resulting from the cross-over. But, it happens to new files created with version 7, too.

Anyone have this happen to them? Can anyone help? It has become a treacherous glitch for me.

Thanks!

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

CC
Chris_Cox
May 18, 2004
You did install 7.0.1, right?
JD
James_Darling
May 19, 2004
I didn’t perform the installation myself.

You think I should have them re-install?
JD
James_Darling
May 19, 2004
Hi…

Sorry, I mis-read your reply.

Version 7.0 was installed. Not 7.0.1.
CC
Chris_Cox
May 19, 2004
Then you need to get the 7.0.1 update and install it.
JD
James_Darling
May 19, 2004
Ok, thanks! I will tell them to do that.
JD
James_Darling
May 19, 2004
You’re brilliant! This was the first entry in the list of things that this 7.0.1 update corrects:

• Type layers are no longer rasterized unnecessarily.

Thanks, again!
MO
Mike_Ornellas
May 19, 2004
yea, he actually is, but try not to tell him it too much because it will got to ones head.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections