BB
Posted By
Belinda_Bonnici
Mar 18, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hoping someone can help me. I’ve got CS3 and working on a document. I’m typing in text but nothing is coming up on my document. The cursor is not flashing but the text I’ve written is shown as a layer.

I tried selecting Free Transform and I’m getting the message:

"Could not transform because the initial bounding rectangle is empty"

What does this mean????? I’ve done a search for "bounding rectangle" under help but it’s just making me more confused.

I’m only new at this photoshop business so if someone could help me that would be appreciated.

Belinda

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

M
mesa
Mar 18, 2008
wrote:
Hoping someone can help me. I’ve got CS3 and working on a document. I’m typing in text but nothing is coming up on my document. The cursor is not flashing but the text I’ve written is shown as a layer.

I tried selecting Free Transform and I’m getting the message:
"Could not transform because the initial bounding rectangle is empty"
What does this mean????? I’ve done a search for "bounding rectangle" under help but it’s just making me more confused.

I’m only new at this photoshop business so if someone could help me that would be appreciated.
Belinda

What colour is the text?

Is the layer turned on and in what order?
JJ
John_Joslin
Mar 18, 2008
There could be a number of reasons for this behaviour.

As a first step, reset your Type Tool from the fly-out menu in the Options bar at the top.
P
Phosphor
Mar 18, 2008
Check the resolution of your file in Image Sized. Is it extremely low, like 1 ppi?
BB
Belinda_Bonnici
Mar 18, 2008
John, thanks so much that’s exactly what it was thank goodness.

Ed – thanks for the suggestion 🙂
JJ
John_Joslin
Mar 18, 2008
🙂

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections