FH
Posted By
Frank_Hibbard
Nov 1, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
The company I am working for is running XP on the desktops with images for users on their server. For example, when Photoshop was installed it was placed in my image on the server. When saving to My Documents the files are placed on the company’s shared storage as opposed to the local PC.

When I save as .gif or .jpg from Photoshop everythings works fine, but when I save as .psd I get the message: Could not save "\\path\…untitled.psd" because the disk is full. When I save it to my desktop as a .psd it works ok. I can then use Explorer to drag and drop it to the shared storage. I can load it back into Photoshop from the shared storage, but get the same error message when attempting to save it.

I checked with the company’s technical support. I have 32 gig of space with about 300 meg used on the shared storage.

Is there a parameter I am missing with Photoshop?

Any ideas will certainly be appreciated.

Frank

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

CN
Cybernetic Nomad
Nov 1, 2005
Saving over a network is not recommended, you are always better off saving locally and copying the files to the server afterwards.
D
deebs
Nov 1, 2005
I think there are a few utilities that will sync from a local hard disk to a network storage area. It may save some of the chore associated with doing the transfers manually

I seem to recall MS do a beta utility (maybe it’s fully fledged now?)
C
chrisjbirchall
Nov 1, 2005
are a few utilities that will sync from a local hard disk to a network storage area

A neat little prog called Mirror Folder does just that.
CC
Chris_Cox
Nov 4, 2005
Frank – what version of Photoshop are you using?

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections