DG
Posted By
Douglas Gennetten
Feb 7, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
What are some of the experiences and tips from folks who have dived down the murky depths of Gigapixel imaging on PS8?

One immediate question I have: is there some way to lock down zero undo buffer so I don’t have to keep purging?

One more question: I’ve had trouble reopening Gigapixel RAW images (I’m currently working with a 45Gbyte aerial photo). Are there best practices and methods to be learned?

Thanks,

Douglas Gennetten

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

B
bhilton665
Feb 7, 2004

What are some of the experiences and tips from folks who have dived down the murky depths of Gigapixel imaging on PS8?

Get the fastest scratch disk you can afford because you’ll be on it most of the time.

One immediate question I have: is there some way to lock down zero undo buffer so I don’t have to keep purging?

Edit > Preferences > General and change "History States"
CC
Chris Cox
Feb 9, 2004
In article , Douglas Gennetten
wrote:

You can set the history states to 1, but that’s it.

But you shouldn’t have to keep purging anyway – unless you’re REALLY, REALLY short on scratch disk space.

Chris
DG
douglas.gennetten
Feb 18, 2004
\
You can set the history states to 1, but that’s it.

But you shouldn’t have to keep purging anyway – unless you’re REALLY, REALLY short on scratch disk space.

Chris, thanks. That is what I needed. And, yes, with the 45Gb image I’m working with, the 150Gb of disk space gets rapidly filled if I didn’t regularly purge.

Doug

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections