M
Posted By
MarcShepherd
Sep 12, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
While I am not a complete newcomer to PS, I am a newbie when it comes to sizing pictures for email and image resolution. Nearly all of my work is inhouse and simply put on drives where others can grab them.

Recently, I imported a RAW file from Aperture into PS and noticed that the size of the file was a whopping 65 megs! Thanks to those of you on this forum who helped show me how to send such a large file to an outside client who quickly needed the picture.

So my questions are:

1) Is it fairly normal to send clients and graphic designers who desire press ready images such large files?

2) If not, how does one send these files that can be handled by simple emails besides zip files?

3) I noticed when I save TIFF files, I can save them as zip files. However, they are still 48 megs. Is there another step I need to take to save those in a file that can be emailed.

4) Finally, am I a complete imbecile who just needs to quit and go home? 🙂

Seriously, thanks for you help and any suggestions.

Marc S

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

B
Buko
Sep 12, 2006
I will zip the files and put them on my server and let them be downloaded at the other persons leisure.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections