LG
Posted By
lisa_gleim
Sep 20, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have tried to open my photoshop 7.0 from the desktop and the software starts to boot-it shows all of the info loading along with the icon, etc.-and then it immediately closes. I have taken it off of my computer and reloaded it three times and it still won’t open. I have also tried accessing it by clicking on a photo in my files and it still won’t open. I can open Image Ready though. What is going on, I have never had this happen before? Please advise, I desperately need to use it.
Thanks!
Lisa
Windows XP
Dell Demin. 4550

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Y
YrbkMgr
Sep 20, 2006
try resetting your preferences per the procedure in the faq.
LG
lisa_gleim
Sep 21, 2006
thanks, i tried that with no luck either. i did both suggestions in the FAQ.
DM
Don_McCahill
Sep 21, 2006
What is it loading when it dies? It could be a bad font or filter or something of the like.
L
LenHewitt
Sep 21, 2006
Lisa,

Try deleting the whole of the settings folder – all the files will be rebuilt as required.
LG
lisa_gleim
Sep 21, 2006
Don,
It just loads the opening image logo along with the "scanning for …" information. When it stops the scanning-and when the software should normally open up for working, that is when it closes up.
I tried rebooting my system to an earlier date and that didn’t work either. Lisa
LG
lisa_gleim
Sep 21, 2006
Len,
THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!That did it!! : )
L
LenHewitt
Sep 21, 2006
You’re very welcome, Lisa

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections