FA
Posted By
Fred Athearn
Jan 4, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
So I have the CS upgrade installed and it is all registered etc. and it works. I start it and use CS browser to go to any of my files and they open fine.

But if I try to open an image from the Windows explorer or launch an image from any other program it launches 7.01 and shows the image in that.

When I installed I thought I told it to open everything possible in CS.

Any ideas what is wrong?

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

E
edjh
Jan 4, 2004
Fred Athearn wrote:
So I have the CS upgrade installed and it is all registered etc. and it works. I start it and use CS browser to go to any of my files and they open fine.

But if I try to open an image from the Windows explorer or launch an image from any other program it launches 7.01 and shows the image in that.

When I installed I thought I told it to open everything possible in CS.

Any ideas what is wrong?

File is not associated with the program you want.

Depending on Windows version, Shift-right click or right click on one of the files and choose Open With or Choose program from a list. Pick CS and check "Always Use…" Procedure varies slightly with Windows version but you’ll figure it out.

Comic book sketches and artwork:
http://www.sover.net/~hannigan/edjh.html

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections