Every time when I open the psd file, it says "Reading Photoshop Format" in PS CS3. Why?

JS
Posted By
jeevan_shrestha
Mar 13, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I got some psd files and when I open them it says "Reading Photoshop Format",and takes long time showing the progress status. It was not like that before.I always open that kind file every day and never get that message. Now I am getting. Why? Please.
Thank You.

jeevan

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

P
Phosphor
Mar 13, 2008
A little more information would be good. What version of Photoshop, how big are the files, etc.?
DM
dave_milbut
Mar 13, 2008
make sure you don’t have a local printer assigned as a system default.
I
ID._Awe
Mar 13, 2008
I find this normally happens with large PSD files and is nothing to be concerned about. Something to keep you occupied while the file loads.
JS
jeevan_shrestha
Mar 15, 2008
ID. You may be right. But I am not sure because I was opening that kind file before. But never get that message. Now every time when I click the PSD file I get that message like "Reading Photoshop Format". So I don’t know what’s going on.
Thank you.
jeevan
MD
Michael_D_Sullivan
Mar 15, 2008
You only get the message when it takes more than a short time (I think 8 seconds) so you know the program is working on it.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections