mr_moto
Jul 26, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Howdy, 🙂

I’m stumped.

I have shared a transparent, RGB, 300ppi, .psd file with a few friends. With some of them the file stays transparent and they are able to work on it fine but with others the file turns into a black box.

When they send the file back to me the file is as it was in its original state, transparent, RGB, 300ppi, .psd

This is the .psd file:
Downloadable transparent .psd < http://www.victorfoto.com/etutorialsvf/e_aperture_vf/e_ap_wa termark_vf/e_ap_watertmark_vf.html>

Any thoughts?

mr. moto 🙂

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

B
Buko
Jul 26, 2006
not sure what to say looks fine to me. what versions are they having trouble with?
EH
Ed_Hannigan
Jul 26, 2006
Might be a font issue,
R
Ram
Jul 26, 2006
Most likely a font issue. The file asks to update the text layer.
MM
mr_moto
Jul 26, 2006
Ah ha! I will check their fonts!

Thank you kind Photoshop fellows 🙂 🙂 🙂

love & peace,
mr. moto 🙂
R
Ram
Jul 26, 2006
I will check their fonts!

Check yours too. 🙂

Also make sure you are NOT using a faux bold style.
EH
Ed_Hannigan
Jul 27, 2006
Not to throw cold water on the whole thing, but it seem to me that it would be a lot easier for a user to make that watermark himself than to go through the whole routine of downloading, modifying, dragging into anothere document, updating the text etc. It’s only a line of text after all.

Also, I have to point out that the transparent layer under the text layer is totally unnecessary.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections