Basic Circle (transparent inside – black outside)

CP
Posted By
Craig_Perkins
Mar 6, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am trying to draw a circle around a photo but each time I do it fills the entire circle in with a color. I am using a white background, so when I change the color to white and put it behind the picture, the whole thing disappears. I simply want to draw a basic circle with a simple black radius. Any suggestions?

Craig

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

JF
Jodi_Frye
Mar 6, 2004
Craig, use the elliptical marquee tool ( hiding behind rec marquee),,hold down shift key for perfect circle….go to edit>stroke to place a border on the circle….chose color and pixel width.
CP
Craig_Perkins
Mar 6, 2004
Ok, this answers 3/4 of my question. The only remaining thing I am now trying to do is to move the circle to a different location on the page to see what it looks like around different picture. The problem is that it cuts the picture that I circled with it. Can I simply create a circle, like importing a jpg, and resize and relocate it using the Move Tool?

Craig
JF
Jodi_Frye
Mar 6, 2004
Craig, I’m not sure what you want to do…my head is hurting at the moment but you can use the ellip marquee tool and move it around by toggling the space bar.

to put the circular selection on to another layer…a ‘copy’ of it…go to toolbar and click >layer>new layer>new layer via copy. This will put the circular image above your bottom image and you’ll be able to move it around to wherever you want.

like i said, can’t concentrate too well right now…come back if this didn’t answer your question.

edit; to move the circular selection to a new layer you must have the ‘marching ants’ selection around it…wasn’t sure if i was clear with that.
BG
Byron Gale
Mar 6, 2004
Craig,

Create a new layer above the image you want to circle, and have that layer active when you do the Elliptical Marquee / Stroke.

That will put your circle on it’s own, otherwise transparent, layer. You can then use the Move tool to move the circle.

HTH,

Byron
JF
Jodi_Frye
Mar 6, 2004
Byron, now that I read your answer my mind is much clearer as to what he wanted to do…Note to self….don’t reply to posts while carrying a splitting headache !
GD
Grant_Dixon
Mar 6, 2004
Jodi

Come on over I have put on a pot of homemade chicken soup it’s good for what ever ails you!

Grant
JF
Jodi_Frye
Mar 6, 2004
I believe at the moment it is the kids that ail me.
GD
Grant_Dixon
Mar 6, 2004
Jodi

You are in luck as I didn’t add any kids into my chicken soup.

Grant
J
jhjl1
Mar 6, 2004
ROFLMAO!

Have A Nice Day, 🙂
James Hutchinson
http://www.pbase.com/myeyesview
http://www.myeyesviewstudio.com/
wrote in message
Jodi

You are in luck as I didn’t add any kids into my chicken soup.
Grant

JF
Jodi_Frye
Mar 6, 2004
Thanks Grant, I needed the ‘uplift’ 🙂
CP
Craig_Perkins
Mar 6, 2004
Thanks everyone.

cp

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections