JH
Posted By
James_Hearne
Jul 20, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am an commercial artist who is switching to Macs, I have ordered a copy of CS2 for the Mac and was intending to get a Macbook pro.

Reading forums I am now very confused about how reliable CS2 is on a MacBook Pro. There is talk that "Rosetta" is not compatible with current versions of CS2 (the posts were dated back in January).

I am not very tech minded, and would appreciate any enlightenment!

I mostly free hand paint with brush tools and my files rarely go bigger that 50mbs

Thankyou

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

SW
Scott_Weichert
Jul 21, 2006
I run a 2ghz MackBookPro with 2GB RAM and Photoshop CS2 (9.0.1). Everything runs just fine. No issues that I can detect.

I also have a dual 1.8ghz PPC G5 with 4GB RAM and the difference between the G5 and the MBP is practically unnoticeable. I create and edit professional work in all of the Creative Suite 2 for both print and web development.

The biggest problem with the MBP is it’s limited screen real estate and having to use the track pad. Both of these can be overcome with secondary peripherals such as an additional monitor and a WACOM tablet. This may also just be my issue after many years of working on desktop machines and only recently moving to a laptop as well.
JH
James_Hearne
Jul 22, 2006
Thanks Scott for getting back to me. Thats all I wanted to know!

James:)
AY
Andreas_Yankopolus
Jul 24, 2006
James,

I’ve had no trouble running CS2 on my MacBook Pro (2 GHz, 2 GB RAM). It slices and dices files from my DSLR at a rapid clip. Scans of 4×5 transparencies, which range between 300 MB and 1 GB, aren’t exactly lightning fast, but there isn’t enough time to make coffee while one loads.
RB
Ron_Budworth
Jul 24, 2006
I’m running CS2 9.0.1 on an Intel iMac 2GHz, 2GB. For some reason, Photoshop generated files generate ‘Illegal Filenames’, which are reported by OSX 10.4.7 Disk Utility. Unfortunately, Disk Utility error’s out when trying to repair this ‘error’ and so doesn’t address other disk repair issues. Rebuilding the HD, reinstalling PS, etc. have no effect. I have no idea how to fix this problem. I depend on PS and uninstalling it isn’t an option.
R
Ram
Jul 24, 2006
Ron,

Make sure you don’t have illegal characters in the name of anything in the path (files, folders, volumes, drives). Stick to number, underscores and the letters of the English alphabet. Do not use apostrophes, ampersands, asterisks, diacriticals or any special characters.

Also, Disk Utility can also trip over some of the foreign files in the Legal.localized folder. Do a Finder search for it (Spotlight might miss it).

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections