V
Posted By
VictorCL
Jul 28, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi , I have photoshop cs2 , and I notice that for every pattern I add to photoshop, it increases in 30MB the memory it uses, I notice because the other day I added 10 patterns and photoshop started to run slow, so I deleted the patterns and photoshop released 300MB of ram, I added again and it went back to use 300MB of ram , then I deleted all the patterns and photoshop released 500MB of ram :/, I rebooted I added 4 different patterns and photoshop increased the ram usage in 150MB :/ , I though it was my copy of photoshop, but now where I work I see that I have the same problem, so is not my photoshop installation, is it normal that photoshop uses 30MB+ for each pattern that I add?

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

C
chrisjbirchall
Jul 28, 2006
is it normal that photoshop uses 30MB+ for each pattern that I add?

Have a look at this article for a full explanation: <http://www.adobe.com/support/techdocs/320005.html>
V
VictorCL
Jul 28, 2006
yeah I read that , but then is normal? .. but this doesnt happen with styles or brushes .. only with patterns .. still I think is a problem cause photoshop gets really slow when I add patterns 🙁 . So if I add like 50 patterns .. I will need like 2GB extra ram :/.
CC
Chris_Cox
Aug 1, 2006
Patterns really don’t use more RAM – just more scratch disk space.
PC
Pierre_Courtejoie
Aug 1, 2006
Yes, but it would be pretty big tiles if they use 30MB, no?

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections