PA
Posted By
Paulo_Alegria
Aug 26, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
i’ve been using photoshop cs2 with 3gb of ram, and i was getting about 2.3gb of "maximum used by photoshop". as sometimes in bigger works i got the message of insufficient memory to run photoshop, and the same on lightroom, i decided to upgrade to 8gb of ram and to xp 64bit. something is very wrong here, i can’t understand how, but i’m getting the "maximum used by photoshop" memory only 2786mb. so, i wasted a lot of money buying xp64 and more 5gb of ram, to get only more 300mb to work on photoshop? this looks like a huge bug in the program. is there any fix to this error?

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

PA
Paulo_Alegria
Aug 26, 2007
here: < http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/viewContent.do?externalId=32 0005&sliceId=2>

is refered that "The RAM above the 100% used by Photoshop, which is from approximately 3 GB to 3.7 GB, can be used directly by Photoshop plug-ins (some plug-ins need large chunks of contiguous RAM), filters, actions, etc. If you have more than 4 GB (to 6 GB (Windows) or 8 GB (Mac OS))"

but in fact, at the Performance Monitor even with huge images and working with a lot of layers, the used memmory never goes up of 4gb, but the xp64 shows that the 8gb are recognized. this seems weird :\

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections