Y
Posted By
YrbkMgr
Aug 21, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
First, how did you install the XP Upgrade? Did you install OVER win98 or did you format prior to installing XP?

Second, I don’t know that v4 will run on XP, but someone will come along shortly and confirm it.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

BC
bart.cross
Aug 21, 2003
V4 will not run under XP, you must upgrade, wait two months or so if you can, PS8 will be out soon. At least wait until they advertise it on the Adobe site, you can upgrade the V7, with a free upgrade to V8.

If you can’t wait, V7 is well worth the upgrade anyways.
B
Bernie
Aug 22, 2003
Mike,

I don’t know about PS v4 and XP but I’ve met the "must have 3Mb memory" complaint.

It’s not Windows or PS, it’s Macromedia Director which plays a part in the autorun of the CD! The problem only occurs if you have a shed load of RAM and then it says you need more than 3MB. It’s a lousy message because the fix is to REDUCE your Windows virtual memory.

This link will explain all:

< http://www.macromedia.com/support/director/ts/documents/vir_ mem_error.htm>

Good luck,

David
DM
dave milbut
Aug 22, 2003
It’s a lousy message because the fix is to REDUCE your Windows virtual memory.

right, the real problem is many older apps had no idea what 1 gig is. the size must be stored as an integer or something and is overflowing the variable – which looks internally like a negative number – so lowering the memory to something that will be recognized by the app actually solves the not enough memory problem.

dave

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections