Posted By
charles_mckinney
Aug 20, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am running OSX 10.3.5 and PS 7.0.1

Sometimes when I have launched PS, I see the normal splash screen and then I see a dialog box called "Updating Adobe Online Components from Adobe.com"

The dialog says,

Downloading File 1 of 2…
No personal information is being transmitted
File:AWEXFiles.txt
To MAC OSX:Library ApplicationSupport:Adobe:Web:

The status bar moves out about 1/2 way and then stops. Sometimes I could Cancel and then PS would load. Or I have to force Quit and retry. after a few times of force quitting, the program would go ahead and launch.

Now this has simply become a barrier to starting PS as I can’t get past this screen.

dan

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

R
Ram
Aug 20, 2004
Charles,

It’s a well known bug triggered by problems at the Adobe server.

The easiest and safest solution: temporarily disconnect from the Internet, launch Photoshop (and/or any other Adobe application[s]) and set the Online preferences to NEVER check for updates, then reconnect to the net.
R
Ram
Aug 20, 2004
You don’t need that feature anyway; development for Photoshop 7 has stopped and there will be no updates after 7.0.1.
CM
charles_mckinney
Aug 20, 2004
Thank you very much! This solved the problem!

dan

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections