N
Posted By
neville
Dec 28, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Photoshop was working fine until one day it started loading and just blanked off the screen and it hasn’t loaded since.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

RL
Robert_Levine
Dec 28, 2003
Trash your prefs. Details in the FAQs.

BTW, in the future, details about your system would be helpful.

Bob
N
neville
Dec 28, 2003
I am using photoshop 7 on windows xp system. I tried reinstalling and deleting my pref and have photoshop rebuild notheing has worked!
LE
Leslie_E._Arnold
Dec 30, 2003
I’m also looking for a solution to this problem. Using Windows XP. Had been using Photoshop 7 for a long while without problems. Then without obvious reason, when opening Photoshop, it would appear to be opening, then would disappear. Not found on task master, on the task bar; can’t open photo files from explorer with Photoshop ( looks like it is opening but then it is gone.) I do get the message the first time I try to open Photoshop when the computer is first on that says" You currently have Adobe Photoshop’s primary Scratch and Windows’ primary paging file on the same volume, which can result in reduced performance. It is recommended that you set Adobe Photoshop’s primary Scratch volume to be on a different volume, preferable on a different physical drive." I’m not sure what this means and when I read on Adobe site how to change the primary scratch volume, it requires I be in Photoshop to make these changes.

Does anyone have any idea what I need to do?

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections