JK
Posted By
John_Keedwell
Feb 16, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have had Photoshop V7 for a while now, but it has just now stopped loading past Multiprocessor support. I see that my chip is running at 100% trying to load it, but it will not get past the Multiprocessor support, which I don’t need anyway.

Any way to disable this to make it get past it, or any other ideas what I can do to simply load the programme? There is the drastic option of getting a new computer that works quicker, but its a very expensive way of doing it….

Any help or suggestions greatfully received.
JK

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

I
ID._Awe
Feb 16, 2004
Under: ‘Photoshop 7.0\Plug-Ins\Adobe Photoshop Only\Extensions’ disable the "MultiProcessor Support.8BX" by renaming it with an underscore for the ‘X’ (in case that wasn’t it).
JK
John_Keedwell
Feb 18, 2004
Thanks for your reply, but my version simply says muliprocessor support only, not 8BX… ??
DM
dave_milbut
Feb 18, 2004
i’d try resetting the prefrences before disabling plugins. if that doesn’t work give id’s advice a whirl.

Mathias Vejerslev "How to delete/reset Photoshop preferences" 2/11/03 12:04pm </cgi-bin/webx?50>
DM
dave_milbut
Feb 18, 2004
Thanks for your reply, but my version simply says muliprocessor support only, not 8BX…

you probably don’t have view extentions of known types turned on in windows explorer. do so before deleting/renaming anything, it’s easy to get the wrong file if extentions aren’t on.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections