BR
Posted By
Bob Rosenberg
Dec 24, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am using photoshop cs1.When I open a pic in raw a note comes up saying that it cannot open the file because ithis versiion of photoshop does not support it . I have downloaded raw file 3.2 that does support my camera ,why doesn’t it want to open.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

C
CarBone
Dec 25, 2005
On Sat, 24 Dec 2005 13:37:43 -0700, "cox news" wrote:

I am using photoshop cs1.When I open a pic in raw a note comes up saying that it cannot open the file because ithis versiion of photoshop does not support it . I have downloaded raw file 3.2 that does support my camera ,why doesn’t it want to open.

You need to use Raw 2.3 with PS CS.
3.2 is for PS CS2 only
BR
Bob Rosenberg
Dec 25, 2005
downloaded 2.4 still doesn’t work
"CarBone" wrote in message

I am using photoshop cs1.When I open a pic in raw a note comes up saying that it cannot open the file because ithis versiion of photoshop does not support it . I have downloaded raw file 3.2 that does support my camera ,why
doesn’t it want to open.

3.2 is for PS CS2 only
C
CarBone
Dec 26, 2005
On Sun, 25 Dec 2005 14:08:35 -0700, "cox news" wrote:

I am using photoshop cs1.When I open a pic in raw a note comes up saying that it cannot open the file because ithis versiion of photoshop does not support it . I have downloaded raw file 3.2 that does support my camera ,why
doesn’t it want to open.

3.2 is for PS CS2 only

Make sure you install the filter into the correct folder. If you have an existing raw filter then move it elsewhere and install the new filter. On Windows XP install into:
C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS\Plug-Ins\File Formats

http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=2701
BR
Bob Rosenberg
Dec 26, 2005
thank you all for your help but after talking to Adobe they tell me that CS does not support my camera the panasonic fz30 .Only CS2 supports it. "CarBone" wrote in message
On Sun, 25 Dec 2005 14:08:35 -0700, "cox news" wrote:

I am using photoshop cs1.When I open a pic in raw a note comes up saying that it cannot open the file because ithis versiion of photoshop does not
support it . I have downloaded raw file 3.2 that does support my camera ,why
doesn’t it want to open.

3.2 is for PS CS2 only

Make sure you install the filter into the correct folder. If you have an existing raw filter then move it elsewhere and install the new filter. On Windows XP install into:
C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS\Plug-Ins\File Formats
http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=2701
JM
Jim Mac Millan
Jan 6, 2006
I installed a raw plug-in on a friends PC running the same version. We never could get it to work with FILE/OPEN.

What did work was FILE/IMPORT. We saw the RAW plug-in name and it allowed us to open the file. Have you tried that?

Good Luck
Jim Mac Millan
P.S. Did you look at HELP/About Plug-In to make sure that it was being recognized by PS?

"cox news" wrote in message

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections