W
Posted By
What-A-Tool
Dec 16, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
First – I have an eliptical path that I want to copy a number of times, incremented vertically, and I want to keep the same spacing. Is than an easier way of doing this than copy/paste and manually aligning them, such as a linear step/repeat type command?

Second – Concerning guides – Is there a way to rotate a guide so that it is on an angle and no longer parrallel to the image borders?

Thanks in advance
Sean Mc

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

PN
prophet74_NOSPAM
Dec 16, 2005
Copy the shape the distance you want…then repeatedly hit CTRL+D. As for angular guides…I don’t think you can…unless you draw a line and convert it to a guide.

Casey

"What-A-Tool" wrote in message
First – I have an eliptical path that I want to copy a number of times, incremented vertically, and I want to keep the same spacing. Is than an easier way of doing this than copy/paste and manually aligning them, such as a linear step/repeat type command?

Second – Concerning guides – Is there a way to rotate a guide so that it is on an angle and no longer parrallel to the image borders?
Thanks in advance
Sean Mc
W
What-a-Tool
Dec 16, 2005
Thanks – I’ll try it
W
What-A-Tool
Dec 17, 2005
"Casey G." wrote in message
Copy the shape the distance you want…then repeatedly hit CTRL+D. As for angular guides…I don’t think you can…unless you draw a line and convert it to a guide.

Sorry if I’m being dense – I’m still learning, and have a long way to go –

I draw a path
I select with path select tool
I copy and paste – shapes overlap
I select path and move to desired location – only new path moves – original stays in original location – now I have 2 shape paths proper distance apart.

Ctrl + D doesn’t do anything at this point

What am I doing that’s different than what you thought I was doing (what I should be doing) and how do I get this to Linear step/repeat ?

Thanks again
PN
prophet74_NOSPAM
Dec 17, 2005
For an example, draw a circle. Now, Hold ALT and drag it over (should make a copy). Then CTRL + D repeatedly. Or you can draw your circle, hit ENTER. Type the distance you want to move it and click COPY. CTRL + D should make copies of that with the same distance.

Casey

"What-A-Tool" <Die!> wrote in message

I draw a path
I select path and move to desired location – only new path moves – original stays in original location – now I have 2 shape paths proper distance apart.

What am I doing that’s different than what you thought I was doing (what I should be doing) and how do I get this to Linear step/repeat ?
Thanks again
PN
prophet74_NOSPAM
Dec 17, 2005
WOOPS! Thought I was in the ILLUSTRATOR Newsgroup. Scratch all that I said 🙂

Casey

For an example, draw a circle. Now, Hold ALT and drag it over (should make a copy). Then CTRL + D repeatedly. Or you can draw your circle, hit ENTER. Type the distance you want to move it and click COPY. CTRL + D should make copies of that with the same distance.

Casey

"What-A-Tool" <Die!> wrote in message

I draw a path

Thanks again

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections