TH
Posted By
Tim_Horning
Jan 21, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
After I draw a line with the Paths button clicked and then choose the Type tool, I get the correct I beam when I hover over the line. But as soon as I click and start typing, I get the circle with a cross in it just a few spaces up the line, and I am not able to type more than 2-3 letters. I can’t find anything about this in the Help file and could use some input. Thanks.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

TH
Tim_Horning
Jan 22, 2004
Never mind — I figured it out. It has to do with A) where you click on the line to begin typing, and B) which justification you use. Center justified is the default, so if you click on the left end of the line as I was doing, you get only a tiny space to type in. I’m surprised that the manual and help files say nothing about this (unless I just missed it).
Y
YrbkMgr
Jan 22, 2004
Thanks for reporting back though Tim. Glad you got it sorted.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections