PT
Posted By
perry_thomas
Jan 13, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
have a photo that i edited by cropping and adding text. when xp displays the thumbnail the original photo (not the edited) is displayed in the thumbnail. is there anyway to recover the original since it still shows up in the thumbnail?

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

PL
Paul_L_UK
Jan 13, 2004
Perry

The thumbnail is still the first one generated, if you right click and select update thumbnail it will show the new one. It looks like your original is lost.

Many here will agree that you should not edit the only copy of an image you have got, but most will have thier own way of doing it. One of the ways is to copy your fresh images to CD straight away after transfering to your computer.

Paul
PT
perry_thomas
Jan 13, 2004
problem is that the original image was on my notebook which was stolen out of my rental car while i was in italy. i was trying to recover from the edited image which i had to email while i was travelling 🙁
BH
Beth_Haney
Jan 13, 2004
I’m very sorry about the theft Perry. I’ve always had a fear of that happening when I travel, too. Unfortunately without the computer there’s no way you can recover that original unless you’ve still got it on the camera card. That sure does spoil memories of a trip. 🙁

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections