AR
Posted By
Andrea_Reed
Sep 14, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I pulled up an image in PS CS3 to edit (Tiff file). I added a few designs using a couple of different brushes. And I also added text. It’s for a birth announcement. Now, when I try to open it using iphoto (for a slideshow) OR when I try to open it with my Press Products (CPQ), it won’t open! All of my images (that haven’t been edited with brushes, etc.) appear. The images I have edited appear but I cannot click on them… their numbers, etc. are faded.

The only place I can open them is PS CS3! I have tried saving them every which way. One thing I’ve noticed is it says something like "File must be saved as a copy"… and then it has an exclamation mark beside the Layers box… but I CANNOT click on the layers box to ‘save as a copy’, etc…

What do I do? Help! I’ve never experienced this with CS2… on my PC. I have to have this birth announcement ready by this week!

TIA,
A*

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

NK
Neil_Keller
Sep 14, 2008
Andrea,

Not sure I’m following. Did you try to flatten the .tif and save it under a new name?

Neil
B
Buko
Sep 15, 2008
Did you compress it?
NT
Nini Tj
Sep 15, 2008
You know you have slideshow features in Bridge, right?
AR
Andrea_Reed
Sep 15, 2008
yes, I flattened it and tried to save it under a new name, etc… when I try to pull it up in iphoto or anything else it shows the file name, etc… but I cannot click on it to open it. The only place I can open these pics is in PS CS3… Thank you for your response! I’m going to try a few other things… if you have any suggestions, that would be great! 😀

A*
AR
Andrea_Reed
Sep 15, 2008
Yea, I know I have a slideshow in bridge but I like the iphoto options, etc… My main problem is that I cannot open the pictures in my press products for ordering… or anywhere else. The only place I can open them is in PS CS3. I would like to do a slideshow too but my main thing is getting these images ordered. 😀 Thank you for your response! Have a great day. 😀
A
NK
Neil_Keller
Sep 15, 2008
Andrea,

but I cannot click on it to open it. The only place I can open these pics is in PS CS3

If these are 16-bit images, change them to 8-bit.

Neil

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections