osti
Nov 1, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi.

I’m trying to add an effect to my text, by using this tutorial:

< http://www.opticnurve.com/tutorial_view.aspx?control=usercon trols/tutorials/tutorial_chrome1.ascx&tutorialID=61>

But I can only get to the 3 step, I can make a Gradient layer, but then when I should be able to Group both layers, I can’t make the desired thing happen.
Whatever I do, the picture stays the same, only the Gradient layer is visible, when it should be the Text with gradient visible.

Any suggestions?

LP
osti

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

SP
Scott_Perkins
Nov 1, 2005
ALT+Click on the line between the two layers or type ALT+CTL+g.

CTL+g creates a group/layer set in CS & CS2.
O
osti
Nov 1, 2005
Hi.

But I have CS2, I did as the tutorial says, but nothing happened. I tried the ALT+Click in the line between the layers and it worked, thanks.

LP
osti
SP
Scott_Perkins
Nov 2, 2005
Osti,

In the tutorial instructions it said to hit CTL+g. In CS/CS2 this creates a layer group. Nothing visual happens.

The keyboard shortcut ALT+CTL+g is the new shortcut for creating a clipping group and is also the keyboard shortcut for ALT+clicking on the line.

Not sure why it didn’t work for you, but I’m glad you were able to continue with the tutorial with the ALT+click method.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections