Posted By
Bunny_Arms
Oct 18, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi-

I need to unlock the layers in 21 different JPEG images, in order to change the text. I have created new background layers, but I cannot edit the orginal info. Any ideas? The images have been saved as JPEGs. working in photoshop 7.0

Maybe this is going to be too time consuming, not sure. I need to get this done ASAP too.

Thanks

allactphoto

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

BL
Bob Levine
Oct 18, 2006
JPG doesn’t support layers or text.

Bob
DM
dave_milbut
Oct 18, 2006
but I cannot edit the orginal info.

that’s because jpg doesn’t support layers so the text in the images has been rasterized (turned into part of the image instead of actual ‘editable’ text). if you MUST use those images, you’ll need to use the clone tool, healing brush and other similar techniques to clear the text from the image before typing in your new text.

once you do that, (if you do) make sure to save your originals as psd files so the text remains editable for the next time you need to make changes. then save again using "save as" to create new jpgs (which will again rasterize your new text into the image) but can be used on the web.
BA
Bunny_Arms
Oct 18, 2006
thanks so much!
DM
dave_milbut
Oct 18, 2006
welcome!

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections