FE
Posted By
FE_ELLISON
Aug 4, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have a customer who provided an RGB jpeg of his logo, but I need to somehow convert it to 4 spot colors. Is there away to change the colors to spot in Photoshop CS?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Elaine

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

KN
Ken_Nielsen
Aug 4, 2004
I would bring it into Illustrator as a tracing template and draw it (create a new art file) on 4 layers. I would do this because, most likely, your jpeg file is probably not a clean rendition of the logo. Bring that art into Photoshop and save as a DCS2 file. Specify your PMS for each channel.

You can possibly ask the customer if they have the ‘original art’ for the logo in vector format – which may exist in the originating artist’s files.
NK
Neil_Keller
Aug 5, 2004
Why even bring it back to Photoshop for straight logo use. Far better to keep it as an Illustrator (vector) file.

Neil

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections