B
Posted By
blackxacto
Aug 2, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
The reason I spent time today re-installing v7.01 is that suddenly I cannot get the blending menu to show. I re-installed v7 and updated.

Is this correct or not: If a layer has a layer style, I should be able to get the layer style menu for that layer by double clicking the style ICON on that layer? It’s normally always appeared.

When I do this now, everything is slightly grayed out, but there is no style menu anylonger. I hit Apple+period, to get back to document. I can’t see this menu anymore??????

What happened????

John R

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

EH
Ed_Hannigan
Aug 2, 2004
You would have been better off trashing preferences first and seeing if it works before reinstalling. Reinstalling still uses the old prefs file. Try that now to see if it improves things.
B
blackxacto
Aug 3, 2004
Ed, thank you. That was the problem.

I’ve worked w Photoshop since version 2.5, and I swear I can’t remember the pref trash when things go askew. I seem to always jump to re-install. Maybe its because Photoshop has rarely been a problem application. It’s really rare for it to not work suddenly.

Thanks again for the reminder.
CC
Chris_Cox
Aug 5, 2004
Wasn’t that caused by a conflict with some extension?

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections