CS
Posted By
carl_sutherland
Jan 11, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Last Spring/Summer there was a lot of discussion on Shipley’s Tools and what had to be done to get them to work. I reviewed that but did not see if they have been found to work in OS X. I downloaded them and they seem to be in the right place in looking in the files sections, but I open PSE 2 and they are not there under filters or in the pallettes. I would appreciate it if someone who did get them to work in OS X would confirm they do work, and offer any suggestions on how I can get them to work.

Many thanks

Carl

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

JC
Jane_Carter
Jan 11, 2004
Hi Carl, I remember in class trying to install them in OS 9.2.2 and I did it finally. I never did get the Hidden Power ones to work.
Going thru the process of getting everything positioned inside PSE, was what I couldnt understand at first.
But I think that there were some people who used Shipleys with OS X. It will take me a little while to see if I can go back and see if I can find the topics on this, I will try, and if I find them I will let you know today.
Jane
SS
Susan_S.
Jan 11, 2004
I did get them to work in OSX (10.1.5) – but doing so was somewhat painful – there was a cache file I had to delete to get them to show up and at one point I deleted the wrong thing and had to reinstall Elements if i remember correctly!- instructions wre I believe on Paul Shipley’s site. Not all of them work on OSX – or at least when I installed them a year ago that as true. Since I reinstalled everything after doing a clean reinstall of 10.3 I haven’t bothered to try to put them back as I have just about all the tools in Richard Lynch’s stuff.

Susan S.
JC
Jane_Carter
Jan 12, 2004
Hi Carl, I got the instructions this morning. Paul said that the Stuffit expander wont deal with them, so you have to use Unzip it or whatever you call it, I don’t have it.
I told Sara about this, and she might still have the Shipleys in the form that you can use them. If you want to e-mail me here, , I can give you more details, and Paul’s instructions. Jane

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections