KK
Posted By
kevin_knifton
Dec 31, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m new to PE so hopefully there is a simple answer to this problem. I’ve found that when I add text to an image (on top or on the canvas) and then print it out it is very poor quality (chunky text) compared to if I paste the image into Word and add text on top via a text box (gives perfect text). Similarly, if I print an image direct from Elements it’s quite poor compared to if I print it from another package. What am I doing wrong ??? Thanks.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

R
RobertHJones
Dec 31, 2003
Kevin,

It sounds like your resolution is too low. Go into the image resize command and check your resolution setting and reset it if necessary. For inkjet printers, 300 is generally considered optimum but many find anything in the range of, say, 200 to 300 to be acceptable. Be sure the "resample image" box is unchecked before you change the value.

This is discussed in greater detail in a number of threads in this forum. You can do a search and find them if you wish.

Bob
JH
JS_Hedegard
Dec 31, 2003
Hi there and Happy New Year.

I started printing some photos and all of a sudden the photos have an orange cast to them. These are photos that previously printed just fine. I don’t believe the issue is the printer, as Word and WordPerfect documents done in colored text/highlighting seem to print in true colors. I’m using a Canon S600 printer. I cleaned the printer contacts as well..no change. I tried using the "color management" functions when printing to no avail. Any ideas?
MH
Michael_Hartenstine
Jun 29, 2004
Color Picker foreground/background colors: What are the default settings? I inadvertently modified the settings and now every photo prints out with a reddish hue, even though the photo looks fine on the monitor. I don’t know what the correct settings are to restore normal printing.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections